Rated 'Good' By CQC
How do they help at Vala?
Physician associates increase the numbers of our medical workforce and increase access to quality care for our members. They act in an enabling role, helping to reduce the healthcare team’s workload, whilst also adding to the skill mix within our teams.
Physician associates' ability to practise medicine is enabled by collaboration and supportive working relationships with their clinical supervisors, meaning that there is always someone who can discuss cases, give advice and give extra advice to our members if necessary.
You might not know it, but 'PAs' can already be found working in GP surgeries, accident and emergency departments, and inpatient medical and surgical wards throughout the UK.
What do our physician associates do?
Our team of PAs work alongside our doctors and;
- take medical histories from members
- carry out telemedicine consultations
- see members with undifferentiated diagnoses
- see members with long-term chronic conditions
- formulate differential diagnoses and management plans
- develop and deliver appropriate treatment and management plans
- request and interpret diagnostic studies
- provide health promotion and disease prevention advice for members