Kit Kaalund Hansen
Kit completed her dietetic training at London Metropolitan University in 2011 and has been working as a clinical dietitian across the University College London Hospitals since qualifying.
Kit is a senior clinical ketogenic and metabolic dietitian, currently holding a position at the largest unit for inborn errors of the metabolism in the UK, where she single-handedly set up the first ever NHS-funded Ketogenic Diet Therapy service for adults with drug-resistant epilepsy. Kit is currently looking to expand the ketogenic service to encompass brain tumours, migraines and neurodegenerative diseases.
Kit has expertise knowledge of human fat, protein and carbohydrate metabolism. She bases her care around evidence-based advice and a passion for research in the medical, exercise and dietetic fields. Kit has previously written articles for and been interviewed by Women’s Health, Men’s Fitness, Health Uncut, Clinical Nutrition, Network Health Digest amongst others. Kit provides her clients with the tools and skills to achieve sustainable behavioural change.
- Bachelor of Science, London Metropolitan University
- Registered with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Evidence-based medicine and exercise
- Sports Nutrition for weight lifting and muscle formation
- Healthy eating and behavioural change
- Food intolerances and exclusion diets