Covid-19 is bringing a tremendous amount of disruption to all parts of society and impacting the most vulnerable. Everything from acute care and mental health support will suffer. The following links may help you find support and advice that we cannot provide at this time of need.
Links and resources for UK-based mental health support.
- Campaign Against Living Miserably - Support for men dealing with mental health complications.
- Mind - Advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem.
- The Samaritans - Providing emotional support to anyone in emotional distress, struggling to cope, or at risk of suicide throughout the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- Hello Self - Access the UK’s best clinical psychologists anytime, anywhere
Links and resources for UK-based support for the elderly, or carers of the elderly.
- Age UK - The leading charity for support of older people.
Links and resources for teams supporting people living with chronic, or life-limiting illnesses.
- PainUK - helping the 28 million people in the UK who live with pain.
- Overcoming M.S - A place for people with MS to find relevant information and support.
- Macmillan Cancer Care - Providing specialist health care, information and financial support to people affected by cancer.
- Diabetes UK - The leading charity for people living with diabetes in the UK.
- Asbestos.com - Guide to Coronavirus for Cancer Patients.
- Kidney Research - Funding research that focuses on the prevention, treatment and management of kidney disease.
- Asthma UK - Working to stop asthma attacks and, ultimately, cure asthma by funding world leading research, and supporting people with asthma to reduce their risk.
- British Heart Foundation - Funding research to beat heart and circulatory diseases and their risk factors.
- MS Society - The National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- RNIB - Latest Covid-19 news for the blind community and support workers.
Links and resources for services, charities and teams supporting people who live with a Neurological Condition, or care for someone who lives with a Neurological Condition.
- Parkinsons UK - Driving better care, treatments and quality of life for people who face Parkinson's.
- The Stroke Association - Working to prevent stroke, and to support everyone touched by stroke, fund research, and campaign for the rights of stroke survivors of all ages.
- Alzheimers UK - Care and research charity for people with dementia and their carers.
Grief and Bereavement
UK-based support for people suffering from grief or bereavement.
- Cruse Bereavement - The United Kingdom's largest bereavement charity, providing free care and bereavement counselling.
Advice, support and information for the UKs LGBT+ communities.
Other useful resources for people across the UK.
- CIPD - The professional body for HR and people development.
- Homeless Link - Working with organisations protecting people who become homeless in England.
- Citizens Advice - What to do if coronavirus affects your work, benefits or travel.
- The Waiting Room - Birmingham and Solihull Health & Wellbeing services at your finger tips.