Discreet. Understanding. Non-judgemental.
Sexual health is important because it enables people to take charge of their reproductive health, and their emotional well-being surrounding their intimate relationships.
Why is our sexual health important?
When someone hears the term, “sexual health,” they may think it refers only to avoiding an unplanned pregnancy or preventing STIs. While preventing unplanned pregnancy and staying STI-free are both parts of sexual health, sexual health is an umbrella term we use to encompasses many different facets of a person’s physical and emotional well-being surrounding sex and sexuality.
If you would like support with your sexual health and wellbeing, book an appointment with Vala for advice.
What are the characteristics of a sexually healthy person?
- They understand that sexuality is a natural part of someone’s life, and sexuality involves more than just sexual behavior.
- A person who is sexually healthy can recognize that everyone has sexual rights.
- Sexually healthy people make safe, reliable efforts to prevent unintended pregnancy, STIs, and also seek care and treatment when they are needed.
- Sexually healthy people have access to sex education, information, and resources to care for sexual health issues.
- A sexually healthy person can experience sexual pleasure, satisfaction, and intimacy when they desire those experiences.
- People who are sexually healthy can openly communicate about their sexual health and needs with intimate partners and healthcare providers when needed.
Because we're Vala, and because you get unlimited appointments, even if you just feel a bit "confused" and want some support to start feeling a bit more informed, we're always here to guide you through.
While many birth control methods are incredibly effective at preventing unintended pregnancy, most forms of birth control do not prevent against the spread of STIs. Over half of all adults will contract an STI at some point in their lives. STIs can be spread through vaginal, anal, and oral sex.
Our test-kit partner, Lets Get Checked, can help you find out if you have an STI. We offer the following home-test kits:
Ready to get started?
For more detailed information, please take a look at our FAQS